Friday, October 26, 2007

Swedish Chic '74

I've never been able to figure out why most of the best music hails from the seventies, yet most of the worst style does as well. How can one decade have given us both Funkadelic and the leisure suit? Alas, it's too deep a mystery for me to fathom. Here's another painful example: our northern bureau (Ari Sawyer) sent us this link of awful interiors from Sweden in the 1970's which I simply had to share. At least the Swedes are consistent, though—their music was awful back then too. Nowadays Stockholm is Mecca for jazz, rap and wild-ass indie rock, not to mention poetry and literature, and they invented the party boat to Talinn, and they give out these things called Nobel Prizes, and and they're even noble (heh heh) enough to let the Norweigians present the prestigous Peace Prize in Oslo. So the truth is Sweden rocks, and I suck. Nevertheless someone has to answer for these terrible designs. I say blame Ikea.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care what the room looks like long as it comes with a naked swedish chick

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger deQueue said...

Wow, here you are. But... where are you? I see your picture everywhere here, but I'm wondering who Egan Ehlers is, and if Mr. Ehlers is going to think I'm mad. I'm Mr. Bean and yes you know me. I believe you have a picture of me; fresh razored flesh wounds on my chest et. al. I would like to contact you to talk, and catch up, though I realize that catching up simply requires reading this blog from start to finish. I will begin now. I'm glad you're here. (bryonbean (AT) gmail (DOT) com)

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger El Gabacho Chingón said...

The Swedish mafia seems to infiltrate and racketeer your living space eventually. Now, how about the ripple effect of the writer strike on the economy in Lo Cal?
Is it time for a new medium of independent entertainment, the call for the scabs to unite, or simply burn, hollywood, burn?
Stay tuned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home