Sunday, November 09, 2008

More than Occasional Rain












Terry Callier wrote and sang the classic tune "Occasional Rain." It's the perfect song for the town in which I find myself living. There's little I enjoy more than walking around in the rain. Somehow, it makes me feel as if I'm the only person on Earth or, if I'm lucky enough to be walking with someone else, that it's just the two of us. Hit the play button above, listen to the song, and scan the snapshots. You'll get a sense of the atmosphere here in Donostia-San Sebastián this time of year. It rained every day for almost two weeks—it misted, drizzled, downpoured, hailed, and dumped old ladies and sticks on our heads, as the locals say. I finally gave in and bought my first umbrella. Now all I need is a top hat, a monocle, and a painstakingly waxed mustache.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger El Gabacho Chingón said...

Yeah, but do y'all have wind to go with that rain? The full moon may still be waxing, and this side of planet Earth known as Suomi certainly has succumbed to the lunar pull.
Howling at the moon, I cannot wait to purchase my chocolate Christmas calendar on December 1st.
Since I agreed to tone down the political diatribes, how about tackling religion for the next post?

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, you with the rain. I love and crave rain but get very little here in LA. In fact we are in the process of containing our wild fires from Santa Barbara to Orange County. I had ashes on my car two mornings in a row and we had to close all our windows. Last time I checked in was to tell you about that car fire I saw after leaving you at the airport. So far its looking like a tough sale to get you back here.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great tune, but you didn't make it downloadable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home