Saturday, June 14, 2008

Love In Finland




Wish to make an ode to Shel Silverstein,
but that opportunity has yet to lift.
I said, ”Give me space to do my thing,”
and that's what she did.

Took a trip to Pärnu,
in Estonia, that is.
Looking to capture a little romance,
Why not add a splash of bliss.

Took the ferry from Helsinki,
not too early in the morning.
Not too easy to find a seat,
so we hung out near the awning.

We had a good time,
me and my woman
caught our sea legs.
So enough with the rhyme.

Hey, dear readers. I promised to sprinkle a bit of romance on the old blog fire, so here you go. This is my girl, my woman, my lover. All I can do is share some photographs right now, since I have to go feed her cat. No, that is not a metaphor, you perverts. She happens to be tending the bar at work right now and she has a feline who needs care and attention. And I need the practice of being a man.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Egan Ehlers said...

Okay, I'll stop bumming people with politics. I'll meet your girl when I hit Spain in a few months. But you may have to come down. I once did Finland in September and it was already way too cold for me. Oh, and Steve is in Amsterdam for the next year, so maybe we can all descend on him sometime this fall.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger deQueue said...

Huh-huh he said, "feed her cat." Huh-huh huh-huh-huh. On a serious note, metaphor or not, I'm going to try that one out on my new-bride.

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you've encountered some Finnish love!! Everyone needs sometone to keep them warm during those long, harsh winters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home