Saturday, December 06, 2008

Of Chickens and Men

Here's a little essay of photos I gathered from the web illustrating how the best laid plans can fall apart. In the first shot, a whale being transported on a flatbed spilled its guts all over the streets. It's sad, whereas shot three is extraordinarily profound. But my favorite is the last picture, which could be titled, "He's getting away!"

These photos apply to me because I've started five businesses—a tiny record company, a magazine, an import export company, a bar, and one other thing. Of the first four, only the import-export company remains operational with me as a participant. The bar is doing just fine, but I got out of that after my partner was kidnapped and held for ransom.

Anyway, the photos are a reminder that my fifth venture, much as I want it to be the one that really takes off, is just another plan that could fall apart at any moment. My goal is to keep the chickens on the damned truck, but it's amazing how hard that can be. You know the old joke right? No? Here it is.

How do you make God laugh?

Make a plan.

2 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except for the beer bottles it could totally be a man against nature theme.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence
on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something
enlightening to read?

My site :: Time Warner Cable installation

 

Post a Comment

<< Home